Saturday, February 15, 2014

Can we find peace from broken pieces?


Day 16

Yesterday, I reached out to an old friend after a year plus long hiatus. The exact reasons for doing so were; if I didn't, who would? We can't always wait for the other party to do what we are capable of doing ourselves. I knew there was no ill feelings on my end so it was inexcusable not to reach out to settle an unsettled matter. At the end of the conversation neither one of us were able to identify what the reason was behind the long gap in communication. We both shared what our thoughts were on the situation, but it still did not help to resolve the issue. When the conversation ended the only thing I could do was pray on it. Lord, I understand that it is you and you alone who can provide us with a sense of peace from the broken pieces in our lives. I also understand that to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the sun (Ecclesiastecs 3).  Although I may not always understand the purpose for things right away; what I have learned to do is trust the process of things.  To everything there is always a process we must go through...a lesson to learn... or a lesson to teach, either way there is always a process and no short cuts to getting to the end result.  With that said, I know there are no hard feelings. Only love can exist when you possess the love of God. Although friendships do end and at times it may be difficult to deal with the Bible tells me that there is a time to mourn and a time to dance; a time to weep and a time to laugh. So, although weeping may endure for a night, joy is bound to come in the morning.

To anyone who has tried to find peace with the broken pieces in life I encourage you to trust God. He is the very one who promises to give us peace that surpasses understanding. I know I found peace yesterday, not because it was concluded that there was never a real issue to begin with, not because we parted ways and the friendship was put away, but peace because God provides understanding of the process and the end result. Our ideal end results aren't always so ideal, but learning to expect the unexpected and to press on through the situations makes us all stronger.

What I will say is that bitterness, anger, rudeness, unforgiveness are all things that are detrimental to our minds, hearts and souls, but with LOVE, pure love, it has the ability to conquer all. So, if there are any broken pieces just lingering around in your life, I encourage you to make peace with it. Seek out guidance from the Holy Spirit to understand when you should speak and when you should be still. The beauty about being slow to speak and quick to listen is that it provides a sense of stillness and with stillness we know God will fight every battle and work out every discord (Exodus 14:14).

Keep me humble in your presence.

1 comment:

  1. We can cause it's like going through the tough times and learning from what you been through. Sometimes we need to be broken into pieces in order to be build up the correct way. We are not at peace cause our lives are in the wrong order. When God allows us to be broken it's only for us to realize the path we are in or the way we are heading needs to be adjusted. Once we are broken and put together how the Lord desires there and then will we find peace!

    ReplyDelete