Friday, January 17, 2014

Unconditional love

Day 13

What is unconditional love? How is it defined? What does it look like? How does it feel? Often time we as people lack the full understanding as to what it means to love "unconditionally." Often time our love is based on circumstances and unstable emotions. We often define unconditional love as what  another person is capable of doing for us or how they are capable of making us feel; when in reality that is as far from unconditional as it gets. Unconditional love is the ability to love despite the circumstances. The ability to love through the good, bad, beautiful and ugly. Unconditional love is the ability to love despite how a person makes you feel. So when you care to measure the unconditional love of a person take into consideration the character of the person. Because unconditional love and the character of an individual are inseparable.  I've learned to truly love unconditionally... It may not be completely perfected, but it's close. I don't based my love for fellow brothers and sisters on what they can do for me or how they can make me feel. I love them because I understand what it feels like to not have been loved and also what it feels like to be loved unconditionally. Christ loves unconditionally. His love for us has never been based on our present circumstances, but instead He loves us through them fighting for us, interceding for us; so that we may come out victorious in the end. I encourage everyone who reads this to pursue a heart like Jesus Christ so that He too can transform your circumstantial and conditional love for
Others to an unconditional love!


Keep me humble in your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment