Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blessings

Day 12

Lord, how amazing are You? How rich are Your blessings? I still can't  get over just how awesome You are! Today, was such a great day full of testimony and praise. I truly learned the meaning of what it means to be blessed. At one point in time I expected blessings simply because I'm a daughter of the King and because His word promises to supply for all my needs. I was so caught up in what I thought I should have and what I believed I deserved forgetting that it is better to give than receive.  Today, my blessings were received  in my ability to be a blessing to someone else.  I  understand that in order to receive blessings I must first choose to be a blessing to someone else; however, that could only come through obedience of the word.  Deuteronomy 28:2 speaks on all the blessings that will pour down on us and how they are spread out because we listen to the voice of God.  I honestly, never understand why He chooses to bless me the way He does because I always feel so undeserving of His blessings. However, I understand that his guaranteed  blessings over my life are for a greater purpose.

Today, I thank God for His grace and mercy that have allowed me the opportunity to choose life. I thank Him for being so awesome and making my life so rich and fulfilling.  I thank Him for everything I have and everything I don't have., because  in reality  He has made me rich beyond my wildest dreams.  Each and everyday that I choose to live and breathe in You makes life that much more rewarding.

2 comments: